Year 13 A Level Business Studies
What do we learn about?
- This is a course which provides the opportunity for developing a knowledge and understanding of working in vocational areas of business
- Units include:
- Unit 1: Investigating Business; Enterprise, Marketing, Teamwork.
- Unit 2: People in Business
- Unit 3: Financial planning and monitoring (external test)
- Unit 8: Business Planning
- Unit 10: Promotional Activities
- Unit 12: Managing People (external test)
How is students’ learning assessed?
- The course allows students to achieve either:
- 1 A-Level in A Level Business, or
- A double award A-Level in Business
- The A-level or the double award (2 A levels) takes 2 years to complete
- To achieve 1 A level the student must complete 6 units of work, 2 of which are externally assessed
- To achieve 2 A levels the student must complete 12 units of work, 4 of which are externally assessed
How can students learn beyond the classroom?
- There are opportunities to visit local firms. The student can organise these themselves, but some visits or visitors will be organised by the Business Studies department
- It is recommended that students do work experience throughout the two years, either on day release, or during holidays and weekends. They can use and build on this experience in lessons
Who teaches in this subject area?
- Miss M Spragg – Head of Business Studies
- Mr M Dickson – Teacher of Business Studies and Deputy Headteacher